So where do you start?
The main aim is to create an item that is "freestanding" and can be used by any other teacher in their classroom. So, look at what you are doing according to your subject CAPS and decide that you are going to create.....
- A video, soundfile, podcast, slideshow.... explaining/teach something from your classroom related topic
- A ebook pdf worksheet
Combining it with your learning station strategy is a good idea. For example, you can create a learning slideshow/video to leave at one of the stations that the learners can use to learn the information/ skills that they need for that station.
Some Examples of various multimedia items:
- My twitter slideshow is an example of a learning object/item that teach a concept. (Why and how to tweet)
- Solving quadratic equations by completing the square (slideshow)
- The digestive system (slideshow)
- Population explosion (slideshow)
- Short story for children in english (video)
- Gr 12 Geography: Geomorphology & Climatology (video)
- Mapwork calculations (video)
- The state of maths education in South Africa (podcast) (podcast)